Pages

Looking for Love?

April 14, 2009

Installation of Love !!


As kids, we used to daydream of going into time machines, so as to see the future, see various places and experience various societies.Some of us even dream doing that now. But, may be a day comes where we are all devoid of emotions, devoid of Love. At that point of time, how should we go about creating an atmosphere of Love and harmony can be a question of paramount importance. I came across this elaborate
description of the process (in a forwarded e-mail) while 'installing Love' in our hearts in future years. Its humorous, still in its own way it makes you think where we are headed in this extremely sophisticated, technological and unemotional world, which in all respect we have chosen ourselves. Read on....

A call comes through on the customer service line.

Customer Service Rep: Yes, Ma'am, how can I help you today?

Customer: Well, after much consideration, I've decided to install love। Can you guide me through the process?

CS Rep: Yes, I can help you. Are you ready to proceed?


Customer: Well, I'm not very technical, but I think I'm ready to install now. What do I do first?


CS Rep: The first step is to open your HEART। Have you located your HEART ma'am?

Customer: Yes I have, but there are several other programs running right now। Is it okay to install while they are running?

CS Rep: What programs are running ma'am? Customer: Let's see, I have PAST-HURT.EXE, LOW-ESTEEM.EXE, GRUDGE.EXE, and RESENTMENT.COM running right now.

CS Rep: No problem. LOVE will gradually erase PAST-HURT.EXE from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory, but it will no longer disrupt other programs. LOVE will eventually overwrite LOW-ESTEEM.EXE with a module of its own called HIGH- ESTEEM.EXE. However, you have to completely turn off GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM. Those programs prevent LOVE from being properly installed. Can you turn those off ma'am?

Customer: I don't know how to turn them off। Can you tell me how?

CS Rep: My pleasure. Go to your Start menu and invoke FORGIVENESS.EXE. Do this as many times as necessary until GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM have been completely erased.


Customer: Okay, done। LOVE has started installing itself automatically. Is that normal?

CS Rep: Yes। You should receive a message that says it will reinstall for the life of your HEART. Do you see that message?

Customer: Yes I do। Is it completely installed?

CS Rep: Yes, but remember that you have only the base program। You need to begin connecting to other Heart's in order to get the upgrades.

Customer: Oops. I have an error message already. What should I do?


CS Rep: What does the message say?


Customer: It says "ERROR 412 - PROGRAM NOT RUN ON INTERNAL COMPONENTS।" What does that mean?

CS Rep: Don't worry ma'am, that's a common problem. It means that the LOVE program is set up to run on external HEARTS but has not yet been run on your HEART. It is one of those complicated programming things, but in non-technical terms it means you have to "LOVE" your own machine before it can "LOVE" others.


Click on the following files and then copy them to the "MYHEART" directory: FORGIVE-SELF।DOC, REALIZE-WORTH।TXT, and ACKNOWLEDGE-LIMITATIONS.DOC. The system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching any programming. Also, you need to delete SELF-CRITIC.EXE from all directories, and to make sure it is completely gone and never comes back, you will need to empty your recycle bin.


Customer: So what should I do?


CS Rep: Can you pull down the directory called "SELF-ACCEPTANCE"?


Customer: Yes, I have it.


CS Rep: Excellent. You're getting good at this.


Customer: Thank you.


CS Rep: You're welcome!

Customer: Got it. Hey! My HEART is filling up with new files. SMILE.MPG is playing on my monitor right now and it shows that PEACE.EXE, and CONTENTMENT.COM are copying themselves all over my HEART. Is this normal?

C Rep: Sometimes. For others it takes a while, but eventually everything gets downloaded at the proper time. So, LOVE is installed and running. You should be able to handle it from here. One more thing before I go.

Customer: Yes?

CS Rep: LOVE is freeware. Be sure to give it and its various modules to everybody you meet. They will in turn share it with other people and they will return some similarly cool modules back to you.

Customer: I will. Thanks for your help. By the way, what's your name?

CS Rep: You can call me the Divine Cardiologist, also known as The Great Physician. Most people feel all they need is an annual checkup to stay heart-healthy, but the manufacturer suggests a schedule of daily maintenance for maximum efficiency.
Give a little love away ... keep in touch.

36 comments:

Netika Lumb said...

AWESOME!
Truly amazing.. very very unique..

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Netika

Hey, thanks buddy :) Glad u liked it:)

Cheers,
Amit

gargi said...

Wow..loved it!
made me smile in the morning...that doesn't happen easily ;)

have a nice day!

cheers!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Gargi

Thanks buddy:) Happy i made someone smile:)

Have a great evening n good night...sweet dreams:)

Thanks,
Amit

Ms.R. said...

Can I give you a standing ovation for this one? Said enough.

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Ms.R

hehe..That is really very flattening...thanks buddy :)

Cheers!
Amit

CutePriya said...

Bravo!! I love your "CREATIVITY".... Simply Amazing...Fantabulous...Taking writing to a level 'NXT'... You are truly 'the Divine Cardiologist'...

Girl Next Door said...

Simply AMAZING.... You are very creative and have a great sense of Humor. Really hard to find such
people these days..

Anyways, keep up the good work..

Mithe said...

great! You know what-you have a new follower. You write well...keep penning:)

fms1988 said...

Awesome !
No doubt u deserve a standing ovation.

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Mithe

Hey, welcome to my blog! Thanks for following me n keep in touch..n i wld say read my last 2 posts apart from this one...i like compliments (if that is not very presumptuous to ask for :P)...best wishes..cheers !!

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Hi Amit...

This is one of the best pieces from you...
you are not only good at humour but also such sensitive topics..
the way you handled the emotions is appreciatable...
flow was also good..:)
Its really good one mate...
Wish i could install LOVE like this girl did in this case...

You seem to be a fundo software engineer man..see look at your .EXE files and their directories... Simple appreciative..

good One..

Now enough of leg pulling...go enjoy... :P

perplexed said...

very interesting read! :) good stuff! keep going!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Priya

Thanks for giving me a new name:)

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Girl Next Door

Ya, i will try n keep it up..thanks fr ur wishes :)

Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@fms

Hehehe...thanks buddy :)

Stay in touch !
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Perplexed

Thanks dear for dropping by..cheers !

Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Mahesh

Lol. thanks dude for all those leg pulling and indirect appreciation..i love that ...btw i mentioned n made you popular in my last post...brownie point for u ..enjoy :)

Amit

bondgal_rulz said...

Awesomeness personified mate!!!

Very different and very interesting. :)

Cheers

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Bondgal

Thanks mate ...i appreciate ur words:)

Have fun,
A

ki said...

Oh my god. :)
This is awesome! Instead of writing a soppy post about finding love, you've put it in the most entertaining manner possible! :D

M said...

Wow!
I can't tell you how much I have LOVED this post.
Thanks for the post.Really commendable work!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Ki

Hey, welcome to my blog! This is ur first comment here. Thanks a lot...i used to proud myself writing mushy posts (check posts under Mushy Magic on the blog) but this was a break through for me...something in the same mold but still tried to be different.

Keep in touch by either following or e-mail subscription...i wld go thru posts on ur blog soon :)

Tk care...keep in touch..n continue blogging :)

Cheers!
A

Hopeless Romantic said...

@M

Hey, another newbie on my blog...love to make friends this way...its such an exciting way to meet friends...but i can't see ur profile..its nt accessible..if u want me to read it...give me an access on loveisalwaysnew@gmail.com and let me know the same..wold go through ur blog :)

And thanks for ur kind words...i really appreciate them..it makes my day !!

Keep in touch with various widgets on my blog. Love to hear again from u soon !

Love,
Amit

R.V said...

IT was just so cute! I was smiling all the way through!

Nik said...

AWESOME!!!! dats wat i can say..... too good.... :)

Hopeless Romantic said...

@RV

thanks buddy:)...keep in touch !

Cheers,
A

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Nik

thanks buddy:)...keep in touch !

enjoy,
A

I, Me and Myself said...

amit it was amazing...i mean i dont think i have read something so unique and fascinating...really great...

workhard said...

That was just so creative and very very very nice...

Haiku Poems

Priyanka Agrawalla said...

very creative Amit. n a gr8 message too! thnx.

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ I, M & M

Thanks for dropping by, commenting n following me ! Its great to hear from u ! Do visit again !

Cheers!
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@workhard

Welcome to the blog space ! Thanks for dropping by, i appreciate !

Cheers!
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Priyanka

Thanks for the compliments !

Love,
Amit

Satans Darling™ said...

This is one of your best posts on this blog, period. :|

I loved it!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Ashrita

Awww.....thanks, so sweet !

Love,
Amit