June 14, 2009
Change Of Coordinates, Delhi To Brisbane !
Yes, I am leaving Saadi Dillii in another two weeks from now, and moving to Brisbane, Australia to pursue my higher studies, MBA to be specific. It’s been a long arduous path to eventually achieve this, to finally pursue my dreams, to finally catapult to new goals in life. It’s been a journey from being a fly on the wall to a painting on the wall. It’s a journey from being the ghost in the darkness to the spirit in the light (Am I Sounding like the Fake IPL player: D).
The journey has been made interesting over the brouhaha happening over the distressing racist attacks in some part of Australia specially certain suburbs of Melbourne. Add to it the fact that I am moving to a university whose honorary doctorate was rejected by Amitabh Bachchaan recently, it just makes the Australian ‘curry’ much spicier. I was never bothered about such shitty piece of news when it first broke out, but people always find reasons to dig mountains out of molehills, and ultimately your thinking process starts going in a direction, where it should not venture out. I have read/watched/studied so much about racism in the last few weeks that I may be able to write an exclusive book on it now: D. Anyhow, these things don’t really matter to me, Ultimately I feel, India or Australia, your security and freedom is always in your hands. Don’t just misuse it, and you will invariably be safe most of the times.
Over the past few days, I have received numerous e-mails/scraps on Orkut/ Wall posts on Facebook, reading and replying to them has made me feel like I am going on some kind of war in the Oz land. Following are seven best samples I want to share to drive home the shady opinion about people around me (Pardon the language for using all swearing words and expletives which remind us of our dearest mothers and sisters, but removing them would have taken out the soul from the messages :P).
• Hi, Amit! Are you still planning to go to Australia? It can be dangerous, think about it again! How are your parents reacting to it? How they are allowing you to go amidst all this crap.(Really, why are you trying to be my parents, Stay back!)
• Aur Bhai Gupta, Maine suna hain ki wahan par Indians ko bahut maar rahe hain, Dekh le bhai theek rahega ya nahin jana wahan ! Jaan bachegi to MBA karega na ! All the best hain waise meri taraf se ! (Thanks for your constant encouragement, Tu nahin hota to mera kya hota :D)
• Guptaji Kya haal chaal, Are bhai melbourne mein Indians ko bahut maar rahe hain…aur mujhe gupt sutron se pata chala hain ki who log ab brisbane mein bhi ghus aaye hain aur wahan par bhi logon ko maarenge ! (Lol, tujhe to CBI mein hona chiaye tha, Gupt sutron wale, tujhe Gupt rog ho jaaye :D)
• Hi dude, I am sure you are joining gym after reaching Brisbane, you should seriously think about start doing body building, Iiit ka jawab pathar se denge saaale Racist Australians, Unki Maa ki %*#$% (I would join gym for sure, not for body building but checking out ‘hot’ stuff of Australia :D)
• Gupii dost, Australia to jaa raha hain…Koi pooche agar to mana kar dena ki mein Indian nahin hoon aur kat lena chupchap se…lol…are bhai jaan bacchi to jawab bhi de denge baad mein…koi chakkar nahin hain ! (Jawab dena hi hain to hath ki hath denge, baad kisne dekha hain, maro aur maaro :P)
• Are Gupta sahib, kya haal hain, suna hain Australia jaa rahe ho ! wat hell man sale Behen&%*#… Australians, aane do agle baar cricket khelne India, sale bina kapdo ke jaayenge. U take care bro, have fun! (Australia is coming to India for a seven match ODI series in October 2009, Book your tickets now, Dekthe hain kaun kis ke kapde uthartha hain :D)
• Oh dude, body shody bana le, kaam aayegi, ladkiyan to mast hogi hi Australian beaches mein, sath mein zaroorat padi to do-chaar hath bhi saaf kar dena…garv se kaho hum bhartiyan hain ! (To hell with MBA, that’s my prime motive of going to Australia. Cheers mate, not India, But Australia :D)
Would love to hear your opinions about these highly valued suggestions from my well-wishers :)
On the embankment of a new journey, there will be fresh settings in life and hence, it’s going to be hectic upcoming two weeks with all the shopping, finding accommodation in Brisbane, paying bills, settling bank accounts, meeting friends and couple of short trips to meet relatives out of Delhi. I will try to keep in touch with all you and would read all blogs as and when time permits, please be patient.
PS: I am starting a new Label – “Bitchy Brisbane” from today as a part of the Australian journey. Going forward, if opportunity presents itself, I may start new labels such as – Moronic Melbourne, Slutty Sydney, Horny Hobart, Asshole Adelaide and Perverted Perth. It’s Australia, mate, its Australia. Ah, my mind is wandering too much. I better go, cya folks !