Pages

Looking for Love?

August 12, 2009

From A Mushy Mortal To An Angry Young Man !


After the
9/8 post explosions, things have settled down a bit (or has it!). I sat down today to read back all the comments, and incidentally realised that I crossed 100 comments on it, first time ever on this blog on any write-up. It made me contemplate a little bit what made it so intriguing, for me it was just a ranting post about the way i perceive blogging. A few people pretty conveniently took out the "MY" word from the post, and in turn took it as the Seven(not ten!) commandments of blogging, which is an incorrect generalization. Also, there have been a few other questions which have been asked from me either through e-mails, chat sessions and even during the comments. Though i have tried my level best to reply each of them in a concise manner, for the sake of letting everyone know the answers for the same; here are the seven questions which i feel can cover up all bases and clear up all existing (if any) misunderstandings/apprehensions. This is in sort of a self- interview mode...

1) What made you write this post, even when you were so called 'uncomfortable' doing it, and are you apologetic about it?

A: Ok, i really want to challenge the person to show me even one line in the post which can be construed in this manner proving that i am apologetic in writing it. I REPEAT, i did it with a conscious mind that there will be people who would be offended by it, and that is the exact reason why it was written - to make a few of the frigging creatures realise what crap they are doing it on the blogosphere. Yes, i could have hurted a few people unwillingly, but that's part of the game. You win some, you loose some, and going by the response i am pretty sure i have gained from it a lot. And yes, you can say that i took the moral responsibility of exposing a few people (without taking names) so that next time if such a scenario happens in their blogs, they are not caught unaware regarding the tribulations of the negative side of blogging. Every system in the world has positive and negative traits and same goes with the people associated with it. You can never eliminate them, but you can always minimize them. I wrote it because i wanted people to know about it, and why would i be apologetic in spreading the word !

2) Why this sudden change in the tone of the post, I recognize your blog with clean and entertaining writing, i felt uncomfortable reading it !

A: There are times in life when you have to get stern, and show the world that me (or any similar situation blogger) can't be taken for granted or can't be pushed under the carpet by some morons. In no way i am defending the abusive language, but such a kind of post required this kind of language. If tomorrow i start to write about a sex addict, do you expect me to write without using the "bees and the boos" terms. Same goes with this one, i can't make my point lucid without showing the irritation, because lets face it - had i used a milder language and not used specific examples, this post would have had not even half the effect. You can't always make lemonades when people throw lemons at you, sometimes you have to mix it with tequila shots to have a burning (read offensive) sensation. Though some of the bloggers still feel it was witty and NOT rude, but then different ppl, different opinion. I am cool with it!

3) On one hand you are saying you don't want advertisements on your blog, and on another hand a few days back, you wrote a post when one of your write-ups was selected for blog adda. Isn't this hypocrisy?

A: No, its not same ! There is a difference between me putting an advertising website link on my blog and a website linking my post. However, i agree that in both ways you are looking at increasing your blog traffic, but you need to understand that i don't want to break the sanity of my blog by putting such advertisements. You are coming on my blog space to read me, not to read advertisements. Why should i let you wander your mind from reading my attractive posts (I am modest, i know :D) Point is, unless you are looking for financial rewards from your blog its absolute frivolous to put them on your blog. I was just clearing my stance in blog rule no.7 that i am not interested in these kind of crappy advertisers. Also, i didn't put a blog Adda logo on my website when they linked my post on their website. It was their initiative that they searched my blog, found a post worthy enough to be picked for their weekly section and were courteous to let me know before posting it through an e-mail. where is the bloody hypocrisy here?

4) Who are you to tell us how to write on our respective blog and our posts, its my space and i would write in whatever way i feel like?

A: Who is stopping you to write on your blog, its your space and its your prerogative to write in whatever way you want it to be. But i have the right to decide what is pissing me off in a bad writing, and that's exactly what i have just shared with all. In no way, i am telling you to write in an even sized font or without using colour ALWAYS, but don't misuse it. Use it when necessary, undesirable usage leads to putting off people completely from the content of the post to these extraneous things in the post. And do you really think one post can make ALL the people change their style of writing, you are kidding me, RIGHT? Its not about the people who decides NOT to follow the rule, its about the people who decides to abide by it which is more important to me. And as you can see from the comments, a lot of people agree with it. How can telling people to be better organized and presentable seen as a negative trait, i am still rucking up my brain cells to answer this :D

5) On one side you write that you are away from all the machinations of the blogging, and still you know everything about the politics and bitching which goes around. Are we dealing with a double standard person here!

A: Very interesting question, i would love answering this! I believe, i am completely away from all the bitching and the cribbing which goes on in the blogosphere. I am directly not affected by it, but unfortunately some of my blogger friends and followers are not in the same boat. So, if any of them are offended when he/she is deleted from a fucking group blog, and he/she is ranting the details, you would get affected. If any of them are depressed when he/she is being blocked by a fellow blogger for an incorrect reason, you would get to know about it. Either call me a good friend and a networker, or a double standard person shifting stances. It can't be both, right! I really don't want to brag here, but since i am answering this, i would take this liberty. I think anyone who interacts me offline or through e-mails knows, the least we talk about it is blogging, and we are mostly talking about blog posts, its about the subject of the post and its implications. But yes, if i meet people who are comfortable sharing their so called 'blogging relationship issues', i can't be insensitive to them and give them a cold shoulder. Will you do that in real world with real friends, no, never, then i can't do the same here ! While blogging anonymously before starting this blog, i realised very early why its important to make so called BLOGGING RULES. It truly saves you from a lot of unwarranted attention and tensions. So, i will be present for anyone who interacts with me or want to bitch about someone, but i won't get myself mingled in the mud.

6) What is this fascination with love, why most of the people who wants to write on a blog rant about love stories/poems, isn't this an attention seeking behaviour?

A: Well, why is your ass paining then. its my blog, i will write what i want to. Oops, i got into the aggressive mode like some of my commentators on the last post :P Anyways, coming back to this question, let me put it this way. Love is a universal feeling, but it comes with a lot of baggage - relationships, marriage, sex, dating, compatibility issues, societal pressures and all that jazzz! Anyone who decides to write about it has been affected by love in one way or another. Blogging gives him/her an opportunity to express it, i don't see it as an issue. As far as attention seeking behaviour or increased traffic on the blog is concerned, it is again a false assumption. You won't read a blog because it is based on love, you would read the blog because you love the way love is interpreted in its write-ups. Tell me, how many people used to read Fake IPL player's blog to know about cricket and its technicalities, hardly anyone. People read it because they identify with players/stars and its various associations with the game. In a similar manner, writing about love ONLY doesn't mean someone is seeking attention, rather he/she is just extrapolating their personal life on the white blogger sheet, letting people know what his/her perceptions are in real world. And as far as my blog is concerned, people know their is mostly a hidden agenda behind writing any story. So, if spreading knowledge and resolutions means attention seeking behavior, then so be it !

7) Why this change in the content of the posts, your blog is becoming a mix and match of everything, it doesn't go with the title and feel of your blog!

A: Well, variety is the spice of life, isn't it? I never started this blog to write only about mushy stories, perfect love (and things) happen only in good books and bad films (Remember, KANK bench scene :D) I was always writing about different things, be it cricket, films, books, or the regular things like love stories, love laced incidents and anecdotes. What has changed is the frequency of mushy posts, which i agree has gone down. Reasons for it could be attributed to my studies, my personal life and not having an environment to write good stories. But, it doesn't mean if i don't have a decent story to write, i can't write on other different things. If Sachin plays chess one day, it doesn't mean he is not capable enough to play cricket. If i find something interesting on Origami, i would share it in its simple form, rather than molding it to make a love story based on it. (Not a bad idea, btw!) The main theme of this blog will ALWAYS remain love, but let me show my love for various other things in life too. I can't be uni dimensional in life, i love the other aspects of life too. So basically you see i am a lovable person (oops, PJ :P)

PS: The credit of title of this post goes to Sujata Di, whose one liner on the last post cracked me up completely in middle of laborious act of replying back to each of the comments. Thanks
a lot for that !

PPS: I had enough of preachy talks, i am back next time with a corny horny mushy love story or should i go with the wave of transformation. I love the changes, i love the transformations, i love the feeling of love :D Stay safe, cheers!


37 comments:

Rane (The Orchid with All Shades Pink) said...

me first :D

Rane (The Orchid with All Shades Pink) said...

your honesty is superb. when you walk out there and describe yourself confidently it makes a cut above the rest Amit..

and no matter what no matter who..just keep going with what you have here..

God bless
Rane..


this post is a winner..heart stealer.. and is hopelessly romantic.. :D saawan ke andhe ko sab hara hara hi dikhaayi deta hai i mean.. :P

NEHA said...

looks like things got pretty hot in ur last post...
congrats on crossing the 1oo mark...


If Sachin plays chess one day, it doesn't mean he is not capable enough to play cricket.


hmmm good example...

sujata said...

hahaha thansk again for giving me the credit..but the post is yours and you did a brilliant job again this time. I have a feeling that blogs have a tendency to get a typecast..we expect only a certain form of writing from a certain blog, which is hugely unfair. The blogger is at his/her wit's end trying to supply a series of mush, or sattire or melodrama. That can get really bothersome and also a pressure..losing the entire point of blogging in the first place. So go ahead and do what you feel like..if we liked kabhi kabhi we will like deewar as well!!

The Rat... said...

i dunno abt other points, but surely know who point 6 is fingering at... :)

dude... :-) your blog your opinion your rules.. menu ki farak paindhave???

anyways take care.. keep writing and keep ranting, u "angry young man"

Adisha said...

Ok! That is too much ... Read your reply to my last comment and u seem to have taken some of My general comments personally too ... where in i said " u" i should have put " one ". Myself too am going to be coming up with a post on blog etiquette some time in the future... Lets c when and how ... and I apologize for u having to reply so much but I was thoroughly impressed with your response to each and every line of my comment :)

On another topic, it was flattering that you ahve been following for some time. I wasn't aware as I guess you don't comment often maybe ?! Which has brought me to the thought that I need to check more carefully on who all are following me and not just those who comment :D

Well, that's it from me. Hope to see more of your corny writing and will surely fall back and read some of ur earlier posts soon enough ...

Miss Sunshine said...

waah! this was the most passionate post ever. LOL. :D hehehehe

and hats off to you. :D
i wud never take the pains of clarifying myself.. :D I am so lazy. lol. :D

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Kajal

thanks for the first comment,and for those sweet words. I am just frankly telling my thoughts. Rest are on people how to interpret it. And no one can ever stop a Hopeless romantic, be rest assured of that :)

Love,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Neha

ya, things did got heated up, but then it was expected from such a post! thanks for the wishes!

Love,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Sujata Di,

you're welcome :)

Well, i don't think it was ever right to typecast me, i have always shown the variety. But nevertheless, i will always write what i feel is the best, not what others think i should write!

I hope i can write both versions to keep people interested in my blog!

Regards,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Ratzz

This is not the first time ques.no.6 was thrown at me, but may be you were the trigger to answer it, and it was the right moment also to clarify my stance. Its not about your utter nonchalant attitude about what i write, but its about the fact that you need to know the reason behind such blogs!

Hope to see you again, by the way someone promised a comment on the last post by Monday evening :D

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Adisha

well,not at all my fault. I would interpret as you write it :) Will wait for your post. No worries, i like to reply in detail myself :D

I am not following you to attract attention, but because i found something worth reading on your blog. As far as comments goes, i am just following rule 1, i would comment only when i have something substantial to say on the post.

Please feel free to go through the archives and let me know your thoughts on the same.

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Apurva

It's not about clarifying anything, i don't owe anyone any explanation. It's just a fact about transparency and answering the normal questions throw at you. I am not doing anything extraordinary, i am just being honest and frank about the whole situation.

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Apurva

**Answering the questions thrown at you normally** (Rule no.5 not to be broken :D)

Cheers,
Amit

Phoenix said...

wow hi fi haan.... interview... awesome dude... i loved reading it! :)

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Raka

oh ya hi fi, khud ka hi interview, dekha hain kabhi aise , lol

Glad you loved reading it :)

Cheers,
Amit

comfortably numb said...

after reading both ur posts, I sort of realize how detached I am...I could not zero in on ne of the identities which u gave hints about, I dunno abt any bitching n stuff going on here but that's just me being ignorant.

once again, u've put ur point across honestly...with simplicity and logic...good job mate!!!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@CN

you are lucky that you are ignorant about it. I was actually happy when i didn't knew all those stuff. So, even though i am not directly affected by it, i have to answer and put across my point of view to remove misunderstanding. That's why life is a bitch :D But all's well that ends well, and i guess i have put an end to all this crap, and i am coming back to my normal way of blogging from next time.

Thanks for dropping by!

Cheers,
Amit

How do we know said...

i honestly dont have anything to say.. i laughed after the angry post and am smiling after this interview.. only one word comes to mind though.. "Narcissist" in a nice way, of course..

Hopeless Romantic said...

@HDWK

lol, well bordering upon narcissism for sure, but then when you discuss your way of perceiving things, it is bound to be that way. I have hardly talked about myself in that blog or how i take up blogging but after these two posts, i guess i am done for this lifetime :)

Cheers,
Amit

bondgal_rulz said...

Okay, first - CONGRATULATIONS!!! For the century!! :D

And hmmmm, tto HRA ko gussa bhi aata hai. :P :D

Kya yaar, it's your blog, do whatever you WANT to. (I hope you got irritated by the differebt font styles) :D

Stop explaining yourself and start focusing on your studies and if you do have to waste time, write mushy stories. :P

Cheers

Americanising Desi said...

wow wow wow what confidence! what passion! what sweeps....

lol!

is this a frivolus comment? ;)
hehehe
cheers

keep rockin dude. you just have to let that anger spill in the right areas :D
and this was one of those!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Isha

Thanks for the wishes :)

This is not even 1 percent font style change which some people do on their blogs. And off course, i am doing what i want in my blog, that's why these posts ;)

And who is saying i am not focusing on studies, i got a Grade point of 7 out of 7 on the assignment i was working along with writing these two posts over last three days, lol, take that ! :D

Mushy stories likho to problem, na likho to problem, jaan le rakhi hain bacche ki :(

Love,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Seher

lol, na its ok i am getting used to the frivolous comments :D

My anger is all gone in these two posts, i am back all mushy again, so wait for the next posts :)

Cheers,
Amit

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

I see a big change in amith i saw long time back and now...

its good to see a new face of you :)
Keep penning down.. :0

Loved your honesty in this post after last post of yours..

Cheers..

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Mahesh

Its amit and not amith Bhai :D

life always shows you new faces, this is just one of them. thanks for liking it.

Cheers,
Amit

Crowscious said...

LOL.. i said the "apologize" thing first.. I didn't mean anything and I hit a nerve. I like all your rules, as i said earlier.

Gigi said...

Have a Happy Independence Day!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Crowscious

lol, there were quite a few others who said the same directly or indirectly. So, it was good to answer all of them at the same time. Thanks for liking all the rules!

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Gigi

Thanks, Same to you !

Cheers,
Amit

Satans Darling™ said...

See, in my last post comment I said that Mush+Anger = Passion. And how passionately you interviewed yourself :P

I loved the short lived change!

Hopeless Romantic said...

@Ashrita

yes, it was indeed a short live change, came and gone. No one can keep me angry for a long time, mushy cells always take over!

Thanks,
Amit

Food lover said...

Hi Amit,

Can you tell me the link to read 'From A Mushy Mortal To An Angry Young Man'?
Thanks

Kirti

Food lover said...

Hi Amit,

Can you tell me the link to read 'From A Mushy Mortal To An Angry Young Man'?
Thanks

Kirti

Amit said...

@Kirti

You are writing a comment on that post only. If you mean, the related post to this one, then following is the link for the same.

http://loveisalwaysnew.blogspot.in/2009/08/my-blogging-rules-they-may-suck-but.html

Olive Perry said...

My name is Olive Perry from USA After being in relationship with smith for seven years,he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to someone online and she suggested that I should rather contact a PROPHET harry that could help me pray to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in prayers, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the Prophet harry email prophetharryprayerhome@yahoo.com, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before two days, that my ex will return to me before two days, he pray for me and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened, that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him, that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by reffering him or her to the only real and powerful Prophet who helped me with my own problem and who is different from all the fake ones out there. Anybody could need the help of the spell caster, his email prophetharryprayerhome@yahoo.com) you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or anything.

sumit sani said...

Fantasy Cricket Game of skills