Pages

Looking for Love?

March 7, 2010

Stop me if you can......


The past couple of weeks have been really INTERESTING. Oh ya, kill me for not coming up with a better word, but sorry i don't yet use thesaurus to do blogging. The
announcement on Valentine's day has come with bouquets and brickbats, some of them justified but few of them in sheer arrogance and vengeance. Hence, i thought of providing some explanations and let everyone know of some decisions which i am going to follow from now on....

Going back to the previous post, all those who decided to post their views through e-mail rather than commenting on the post actually disappointed me. No offense, but everyone has a right to post their views in a mature and cordial manner. You don't have to be put off by it, in turn making me put off :D. And i don't want to sound preachy - but if i can take the liberty of going one step forward, all i can say is that there will be a difference in the society by not just writing posts or discussing issues in private. It's only when issues are discussed in an amicable and open manner, they have any significance and carry hope of bringing about any sort of change. Just getting put off by someone else point of view is not justified, is not mature thinking and does not do good for any one. I have always encouraged discussions on my blog and i would love to continue that in the future.

Moving on, suddenly I have been bombarded with so many advertisers posting spam comments on various posts on the blog, some as far as one year (or more) old. It's an absolute waste of time to go to each of these posts and delete the spam comments. So, i have taken the easy way out of moderating the comments where i can reject the spam comments straight away on the dashboard. However, there are other reasons also to moderate the comments from now on...

I have always loved the anonymous readers in these months of writing on this space. However, some people are trying to be fucking cute by taking advantage of this fact and posting frivolous, unrelated and abusive comments. There is no reason why i need to entertain such crudeness, hence for them IGNORE button is sufficient. If you are hoping for a reaction from me, you are just wasting your time and nothing else. OK, i may have taken pot shots at certain bloggers style over these months, but if you are trying to get back at me now in such an immature and absurd way, it's not going to work. Those were my point of views and i stand by them even now.

I am absolutely amazed how some people who are urging me repeatedly to reply the so called 'critical' comments (full with expletives, mind you!) are actually posting with fake names or blog links (or both). I still haven't rejected any of those comments, and if you want a reply - post the same comment with all your realities intact and I promise, i will reply to them. Show some guts yourself first to at least deserve an opportunity to get a reply. Don't hide behind fake identity, let other people in the blogging world also knows what are your REAL ethics and moral values. Let the other people also know exactly what are your real motives and aspirations on this space. And if you don't have the balls, just shut up and mind your own business. From now on, i will reject any such comments with fake names or blogs even without reading them. They don't deserve any kind of attention what so ever.

Over the years on blogging, i have realised one thing - if you are strongly opinionated about certain issues, there will always be people who may look down upon you. But such self proclaimed critics shouldn't really bother anyone, including me. Just pouring out your frustration by writing blog posts or abusive comments may help soothing your fuming body cells, but would not make a knuckle of difference to me. I am sorry for generalizing this, but may be its an Indian thing to pick apart everything new which comes up without even giving it a chance. But trust me, this time you have picked a wrong person. I have certain goals and ambitions in life and i am out there to meet them in the best possible manner. No frigging creature on this planet can STOP me from achieving them. Try coming in my way if you are that desperate and we will see the end result. Try putting me off in any way if you are that discomfited and i will pull it off one day....

Sometimes it takes people a lifetime to find their real friends, real admirers, real critics and REAL backstabbers. I am glad i just had to write a piece of literature to find all of them....

PS: As far as my life is concerned, things are moving at a hectic pace. I am finally studying something which i have followed keenly over the years - Finance and no need to say, but i am enjoying every bit of it. As far as future writing work is concerned, you can keep track by joining the Fan page here on Facebook. I will be posting updates here during the coming months....Cheers!

21 comments:

gargi said...

phew!..what a mysterious post! =P
keep writing...you're good at it..and that is all that matters man! why take people you haven't even met so seriously!..at least don't take the negatives so seriously..you can take the good people..like moi!..seriously..hehe... all the best for everything man!
take care..and just keep moving!
xox

suruchi said...

Ooooo mere angry young man...
Shaant ho jao gada dhari bheem...
Just do your great bit n forget about the rest...
Always in line of your followers
Me:-)

mêlée said...

some well justified outburst!!! and just wanted to say feedback is crucial but not as much the work itself :) so keep writing!

Harini said...

Wooh! I think people will actually run away after this. Moderating is always a good way to keep things in check :). I had done that on my last long and now that i used wordpress its pretty smart :P. You should keep writing cause you are good at it and like it :).

Aeish said...

Over the years on blogging, i have realised one thing - if you are strongly opinionated about certain issues, there will always be people who may look down upon you.

This is so true! Glad you know that deep down.

ki said...

I got comments on my wedding page calling my boyfriend names. Filthy, obscene things.

So. I know what you mean. Only disgusted cowards hide.

(Sorry main bhi thodi angry hoon :P )

divyadugar said...

Well, I can safely claim now that I have read your blog fully and and now ready/equipped/willing to draw out a character map. However, something is missing. Behind the cynicism, behind the faith, behind the romance, behind the hope, behind the hopelessness, behind the wait, behind all the words, there is a person who can be hurt, who can feel, who can fight. This post says it all!

Keep writing, because remember that even in hatred there is a relationship of intense love and commitment (to make you better as a person)...n for every person who hates you, there are at least three others who love you.. :)

An ardent fan once again,

Divya.

aqua gurl said...

Intense...

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Gargi

It is surely not a mystery for some people, you know who i mean ;-) In any case, i don't take anything seriously apart from writing and that is the bottom line. But sometimes, you need to show some people their real worth, otherwise they will get on your head and dance. I wish i could have been more nastier like a few people have been to me. Thanks for being there !

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Suruchi Di

lol, thanks a lot - i know i can bank upon such affectionate and warm people like you :)

Regards,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Melee

No one is stopping in taking feedback, positive or negative whatever it is. It is the manner in which you give it matters, and also WHO is giving it and what guts he/she is showing is equally important. Why should i even bother to read comments by fake people and further waste any kind of time and energy in replying to them. Not worth it at all...

Cheers,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Harini

I haven't used wordpress, i kinda find it a little too complicated. Intention was not to make people run away, losers in any case run away faster than you imagine. I was clearing my stance. You have read my well enough to know no one can stop me from achieving my dreams. I was just letting some A-holes know the same :)

Take care,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Aeishah

I know and realise it quite deep down actually.

Thanks,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Kirti

Its ok, just ignore that crap and such assholes. They don't require to be give such attention. That's one reason i just my mind focused by writing this post and let everyone close to me the reasons why i am going to behave in a particular way.

All the best for the engagement!

Best Wishes,
Amit

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Divya

Wow, character map :P and you read the whole blog, OMG! :D

ok, s0 25 percent people hate me and 75 percent love me. Can we increase the proportion by reducing the risk and increasing the diversification :D

Thanks for being there, and remember - i am human too, though people need to realise - i am a thick skinned one.

Cheers,
Amit

LIFE: A Collection Of Beautiful Memories! said...

hmm... aptly written... angry yet patient... and u were always gud at one thing... throwing back things and making sure tat they dont even dare to bounce back at u...

gud govin..
love
Megha

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Megha

I don't intend to throw anything on anyone. But I just want that people should note one thing - if you try and get in my way deliberately,i am not going to spare you.

Love,
Amit

Richa said...

Hi,

I am a first timer on ur blog, but i m sure gonna stay...
Your writing is beautiful, soulful n captivating.

Since yesterday, have read almost the entire blog and the remaining will do today n tmrow :)

Basking in ur love... showering some of mine :P

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Richa

Welcome to my blog space. I actually become numb now thinking about how people invest so much time and energy reading my rants. And recently, there have been few. I guess i am just a little more lucky!

I appreciate that you are taking out time to read me. Hope the remaining portions are also enjoyable to you.

Love,
Amit

ThE aNgEl said...

m glad ur back :) i love d way u write...n m desperately waiting fr ur novel...
--yasmin

Hopeless Romantic said...

@ Yasmin

I came back some time ago...thanks a lot, keep in touch!

cheers,
amit