I am sure you may have read this information in those forwarded mails, but here's a little part of US history which makes you go hmm.....
Have a history teacher explain this, if he/she can.....
- Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846 and John F Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
- Abraham Lincoln was elected president in 1860 and John F Kennedy in 1960.
- The names Lincoln and Kennedy each contain seven letters.
- Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.
- Their mothers was living in the White House when they both were killed.
- Both presidents were shot on a Friday.
- Both Presidents were shot in the head.
- Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy and Kennedy secretary was named Lincoln.
- Both were assassinated by Southerners.
- Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.
- Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.
- Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.
- John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.
- Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.
- Both assassins were known by their three names.
- Both assassins names are composed of 15 letters.
- Lincoln was shot at the theater named 'Ford'.
- Kennedy was shot in a car called 'Lincoln'.
- Booth ran from the theater and was caught in a warehouse.
- Oswald ran from a warehouse and was caught in a theater.
- Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials could begin.
And here is the final kicker....
- A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland
- A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with ...guess who, Marilyn Monroe.